RevTaq RT-PCR DNA polymerase is an engineered, extremely thermostable reverse transcriptase and combined DNA polymerase, obtained through directed, artificial evolution.
RevTaq RT-PCR DNA polymerase can be used similarly to Tth DNA polymerase also for reverse transcription, but does not require the addition of Mn2+ for RT-PCR, which simplifies assay setup and possible sample processing.
- half-life at 95°C of >40 min.
- fast start function due to a hotstart aptamer formulation which prevents unspecific amplification at lower temperatures (<57°C)
- facilitates “zero-step” RT-PCRs directly from RNA templates (without an isothermal reverse transcription step), as reverse transcription takes place simultaneously with DNA amplification during the cycled PCR elongation step.
- allows reverse transcription reactions at high temperatures, thus minimizing the problems encountered with strong secondary structures in RNA that melt at elevated temperatures.
- RevTaq RT-PCR DNA polymerase is the pure, reverse transcription active enzyme ingredient of our Volcano3G® RT-PCR Master Mixes
Please note: Due to the thermostable nature of the enzyme, it is recommended to design very high melting primers and probes (>65°C). See more details in FAQ.